- 18 and Over: Show valid government issued photo I.D. If your I.D. does not show a current mailing address, the following will be accepted for proof of address:
- Utility bill (dated within last 2 months)
- Postmarked mailed envelope (dated within last 2 months)
- Checking account
- Under 18: A parent or legal guardian must provide valid government issued photo I.D. and complete an Internet Permission form.
- Library cards may be used by registered card holders only.
To begin the process for your FREE library card online click here to register now.
Your library card or valid government issued photo I.D. must be presented whenever you wish to check out library materials.
A total of 25 items may be checked out on each card (limit 5 movie DVDs with $1.00 fee). All materials are due by closing. Must be 18 years or older to check out movie DVDs.
You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card.
- Customers may place requests on materials to pick up at any Ontario City Library location. Delivery time for checked in material is usually one day depending on availability.
- Up to 15 holds may be placed per card. When material is ready for pick up, you will be notified. Items will be held for 7 days.
- Most library material may be renewed two times if the items have not been requested by another library user.
- Our automated telephone renewal system will list the titles of items checked out to you or on hold for you. It will also allow you to renew materials. Please have your library card ready: 909-395-2042.
- You may also renew online, please have your library card and pin number ready.
- Make sure you receive a due date when you renew your item.
- Two day movies DVD/Blu-rays and items on hold for other patrons will not be renewed.
Overdue fines are assessed from the first day past due on a per day per item basis. The following fees apply:
- $25.00 or more in overdue materials are charged an additional $7.00 collection agency fee after 14 days.
- $2.00 for Interlibrary Loans.
- $1.00 for lost or stolen library cards.
- Full replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- $0.50 Expired Holds (cancel your hold free of charge)
- Please do not attempt to repair materials or you may be charged.
||$0.15 per item/per day
$1.00 per item/per day
Borrowing privileges and computer usage may be suspended in any of the following circumstances:
- Overdue fines of $10.00 or more will result in the loss of your borrowing privileges and internet usage.
- Fines of one year or more.
- Accounts in collections agency after 14 days.
- Inappropriate use of Internet computers.
- Failure to comply with Ontario City Library Code of Conduct.
- The library provides inter-library loan services to customers who wish to borrow books that are not available in our library. The cost for this service is $2.00 per request, payable when books arrive at the library, whether or not books are picked up by the requesting customer.
- This service is available for printed books. Some books are not available for borrowing through inter-library loan. We cannot borrow DVD's, books on CD (audiobooks), eBooks, or any other digital or electronic materials. Requests for these materials will be automatically cancelled without notice and no fee will be charged
- Requests may be made by logging into your library account and searching the library catalog for books, Reference staff can assist with this process. You may have up to 5 active inter-library loan requests at one time.
- Special requests for microfilm and genealogy materials must be made in person at the library. In these cases, a paper form is filled out and payment directly to the lending library may be required before the request is made, depending on the policy of the lending library.
- Books requested through inter-library loan may be borrowed for up to 3 weeks. The cost for lost or damaged materials is determined by the lending library, and the customer placing the request is responsible for these costs.
- You are responsible for the return of all materials checked out on your card.
- A maximum of 25 items may be checked out on your card at one time. (This total may include up to 5 movie DVDs or Blu-rays). Must be 18 years or older.
- Total of 40 items may be checked out on an educator card.
- Overdue and fine notices are sent as a courtesy. A lack of notice does not absolve card holder of responsibility for returning materials and paying any fines.
- If you sign up for email or text notification, you will receive a courtesy reminder notification before your items are due.
- Please notify the library if your telephone number, email, or mailing address has changed.
- If you feel there is a discrepancy when receiving a notice, contact the library promptly to discuss the situation. Please have your library card ready: 909-395-2521 Ovitt or 909-395-2014 Colony