City Manager Al C. Boling
Al C. Boling became City Manager on December 29, 2013. Mr. Boling has held various positions with the City over a 17 year period. His accomplishments include:
- Deputy City Manager assigned to operational responsibility of human resources, employee safety and workers compensation programs, general liability and claims, as well as the City Clerk and records management functions.
- Fiscal Services Director responsible for accounting, payroll, and investment management.
- General Services Director responsible for developing and monitoring the City’s budget, purchasing, and internal audit function.
- Human Resources Director responsible for City recruitment, retention, professional development, performance management, and classification/compensation oversight.
- Project Manager and Internal Auditor providing financial and performance review and development of policies and procedures to assist the City’s operating departments.
Prior to working for the City of Ontario, Mr. Boling was a contract auditor for the Department of Defense and was assigned to audit procurement and operations for major defense contractors as well as federally funded research and development centers.
Mr. Boling graduated from Cal State San Bernardino and Chaffey College with degrees in Business Administration-Public Accounting and Economics. He has served on the Central Elementary School District’s Budget Ad Hoc Committee and served two terms on Central Elementary School Site Council. Mr. Boling is a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the Association of Certified Fraud Specialists and the National Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi.