The City of Ontario Engineering Department, under the direction of City Engineer Louis Abi-younes, serves the needs of the citizens of Ontario by providing professional engineering services to the community and City government. The department is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of responsiveness which serves to characterize a business friendly environment to serving our community. The department is charged with the overseeing, planning, designing and implementation of infrastructure projects. Some of the department's functions include:
- Act as the lead agency for construction and public works contracts within the Right-of-Way.
- Program, plan, design and administer construction of the annual Capital Improvement Program.
- Issue encroachment and traffic control permits for any work within the Right-of-Way.
- Inspect construction within the Right-of-Way to verify conformance with the permit conditions and compliance with the latest City codes.
- Review all proposed residential, commercial and industrial development projects and provide engineering input as well as conditions of approval for proposed projects.
- Plan check all development plans including those that impact other department functions.
- Manage the NPDES program activities, such as business inspection, construction site inspection, public education and outreach, etc.
- Manage traffic engineering and transportation planning activities.
- Provide support for other departments working within the Right-of-Way.
First floor of City Hall, 303 East "B" Street
Phone: (909) 395-2025
Fax: (909) 395-2122
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am to 5:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm