Housing Overview & Programs
The City of Ontario's residential neighborhoods are a source of great pride, which the City demonstrates through its ongoing commitment to beautiful neighborhoods and encouragement of home ownership through several outstanding programs. Other affiliate housing programs are also available to qualified residents of Ontario offered by the County of San Bernardino.
The Quiet Home Program provides eligible city residents with free sound insulation improvements for homes generally west of Ontario International Airport. Also, the program buys homes from willing sellers located in the neighborhoods closest to the west end of the airport runways.
Summary of Housing Programs
The Ontario CARES Program assists low to moderate income families in targeted focus areas with the upkeep of their homes by providing grants to cover the cost of painting and landscaping, as well as emergency improvements.
- Looking for affordable housing in Ontario? We have multi-family, privately-owned, agency-owned, senior citizen and HUD housing projects available.
- Are you a developer or non-profit agency? We provide financial assistance if you are interested in building and acquiring/renovating single and multi-family units.
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Emergency Shelter Grant (ESG) and HOME Investment Partnership Act (HOME) are federal programs to benefit low-income families by funding community activities, capital improvements, resources for the homeless and a variety of affordable housing initiatives.
- To encourage City of Ontario police officers to take an active role in the community, the Police Assistance Loan (PAL) Program offers down payment assistance to Ontario peace officers if they purchase homes within Ontario city limits.
- In addition to City programs, affiliate housing programs are available through the following agencies: the County of San Bernardino Extra Credit Teacher Home Purchase Program.