Current Term: December 2012 - December 2016
Debra was elected to the Ontario City Council in December of 2008. She has been an Ontario resident for 30 years.
Debra is committed to keeping and creating jobs in Ontario and providing residents with the best police and fire/paramedic services the region has to offer.
As a registered nurse she promotes disaster/earthquake preparedness and encourages residents to have a 10 day supply of food and water in their homes.
Debra is active all over the City. Revitalization of Downtown Ontario continues to be one of her top priorities. She has been active in the bi-monthly “Art Walk” programming, development of the “Chaffey Community Museum of Art,” creation of the new “Ontario Town Square Park,” and supported construction of the new $18 million, three-story office building to be completed by Fall of 2014. Debra has been a champion of bringing a strong economic development approach to Downtown Ontario and will continue to focus on cultural development and job creation in Ontario’s historic district.
Prior to her election to the Ontario City Council she had served as:
- An elected member of the Ontario-Montclair School Board
- An appointed member of the Ontario Planning Commission
- The Ontario Community Block Grant Committee
- San Bernardino County Museum Commissioner
- Ontario Montclair School District Measure "T" Oversight Committee
Debra has been active in many Ontario non-profit organizations such as:
- Ontario Kiwanis
- Ontario Heritage Society
- Founding member of Ontario's "Kids Come First Clinic"
- Vietnam Memorial Wall Co-Chair
Education and Distinctions: Associate Degree (Citrus College); Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (Cal State Los Angeles); Ontario Chamber of Commerce Leadership Award; Ontario Police Citizens Academy Graduate; Leadership Connection Graduate, Completed the Masters in Governance Series from the California School Board Association.
Debra is a mom, daughter, sister and aunt. She has worked as a registered nurse in various fields for over 32 years. Her hobbies include gardening and volunteering.
Join Debra every Sunday at 8am at the R. Jack Mercer Community Bandstand at Euclid and C Streets for a 3-mile walk up and down Euclid Avenue. Email her with questions at the link provided on this page.
Contact Mayor pro Tem Dorst-Porada
- Mayor pro Tem, City of Ontario
- Board Member, Ontario Housing Authority
- Board Member, Ontario Industrial Development Authority
- Board Member, Ontario Redevelopment Financing Authority