The Zip Books program is funded through the California State Library and has been indefinitely discontinued. Ontario City Library will no longer accept requests to purchase books to send to patrons. If you wish to request books that are currently unavailable in our collection, you may still request a book through Interlibrary Loan or suggest a title to be added to our collection by submitting a form under the "Request Additional Books" Tab below.
- The library provides interlibrary loan services to customers who wish to borrow books that are not available in our library. The cost for this service is $2.00 per request, payable when books arrive at the library, whether or not books are picked up by the requesting customer.
- This service is available for printed books. Some books are not available for borrowing through inter-library loan. We cannot borrow DVD's, books on CD (audiobooks), eBooks, or any other digital or electronic materials. Requests for these materials will be automatically canceled without notice and no fee will be charged
- Requests may be made by logging into your library account and searching the library catalog for books, Reference staff can assist with this process. You may have up to 5 active inter-library loan requests at one time.
- Special requests for microfilm and genealogy materials must be made in person at the library. In these cases, a paper form is filled out, and payment directly to the lending library may be required before the request is made, depending on the policy of the lending library.
- Books requested through interlibrary loan may be borrowed for up to 3 weeks. The cost for lost or damaged materials is determined by the lending library, and the customer placing the request is responsible for these costs.
At this time if your item is selected for purchase, your item will be added to the collection after July 1. If your item is not selected to be added to the collection, you will receive an email notifying you of that decision.