Council Member Alan D. Wapner has been a member of the Ontario City Council for over 25 years. Alan is probably most proud of his leadership in regaining local control of the Ontario International Airport, and as President of the Airport Authority, overseeing an unprecedented successful turn-around of business at the airport, and huge economic impact in the city and region.
Alan is recognized as an expert on transportation policy and represents Ontario on many regional boards:
- President of the Ontario International Airport Authority
- Past President of the San Bernardino County Transportation Authority
- Past President of the San Bernardino County Council of Governments
- Past President of the Southern California Association of Governments
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors of Omnitrans
- Board Member of Metrolink
- Board Member of the Metro Foothill Gold Line Extension Construction Authority
- Secretary/Treasurer of the of the Airport Council International Board Member Committee
- Board Member of the League of California Cities
- Board Member of the California Association of Councils of Government
- Board Member of the National Association of Regional Councils
- Vice Chair of the NLC Public Safety Policy Committee
- Past Chair of the League of California Cities Public Safety Committee
Prior to the City Council, Alan was Vice President of the Ontario-Montclair School Board. He is a retired police sergeant of the City of Ontario. Alan received his BA from the University of Southern California and his JD from the Whittier College School of Law.
Alan is married to Judi and has five children and five grandchildren.